Saturday, January 28, 2012

Most anticipated films of 2012

2011 came with some great movies, but I admit I just wasn't feeling it towards the end of the year.  Winter 2011 was not Hollywood's best moment.  Hopefully 2012 makes up for a lackluster movie season.  I compiled a top 5 list of movies I'm excited to see this year.  Now I warn you, these aren't necessarily Oscar-worthy films, just some movies that I expect to be really entertaining.


Underworld: Awakening (Already Released)
Don't tell me what happens because I haven't watched it yet!  From what I can tell, there is a time jump in the movie and the traditional feud between lycans and vampires has changed a bit.



The Hunger Games (March 23)
The series is a great read but because it is such a beloved tale, it is going to be really hard to meet expectations.  The way I see it, this could go one of two ways; either it explodes in popularity like Harry Potter, or it's trashed by the fans like Eragon.  The pressure is on and the studio knows it.



The Avengers (May 4)
I'm a huge fan of cute superheros, so being teased about this movie since 2008 when the first Iron Man premiered, has been difficult.  I NEED to see this movie.



The Dark Knight Rises (July 20)
The first movie rocked, but I was indifferent about the second.  However the marketing campaign for the third installment got me pretty excited and I'm not ashamed to admit it is the main reason I've been excited about watching this movie.  There's also that element of darkness that has made the franchise so compelling which makes he think the writers might actually let Mr. Wayne die. I'm not rooting for the bad guys, just saying it could be an appropriate ending.



Resident Evil: Retribution (September 14)
This and Underworld are as close as I get to 'scary movies' mostly because the plot is usually worth it.  I'm anxious to see some new, crazy twists in the next movie.  The most intriguing element of this movie is that it looks like we'll finally get more background on Alice before she worked for Umbrella Corp.

Side note: Isn't the beginning of the trailer really corny? Not their best work.



Well what do you think? Are these movies worth the wait?

1 comment:

  1. Rise of Planet of the Apes would probably be the best movie of 2011. I plan on seeing all the films mentioned above.

    ReplyDelete